The Safety Breakaway Lanyard is ideal for holding credentials, with the alligator clip attachment ensuring that cards are kept straight and flat against your chest. The addition of the safety breakaway ensures greater safety against pulling and choking hazards.
What is a Safety Breakaway?
Lanyards are usually fitted around the neck, or clipped to a piece of clothing or bag. This makes them handy, but it also means that they can be hazardous if they catch on something. All of our lanyards have the safety breakaway function which simply detaches itself and breaks when there is excessive force applied.
Some situations in which the breakaway function is useful include:
- Catching – if the lanyard catches on anything, the breakaway clip will prevent this shock from being transferred to the lanyard’s wearer.
- Falls – if falling, the lanyard can’t catch on anything. Likewise, a falling person can reflectively try to grab someone’s lanyard. if that happens, the clip will prevent that from causing harm.
- Security workers – lanyard cannot be used as a weapon against them.
- Hospital personnel – people in pain or shock can attempt to grab hold of lanyards.
- School and childcare workers – while adults generally won’t deliberately pull on a lanyard, younger children often don’t know better.
- Machinery – should the lanyard be caught in machinery, it will simply break away.